While some actors enjoy their long life careers, others aren’t so lucky when it comes to maintaining their time in the spotlight. Bad movies, bad behaviour, bad acting, are just a few things that can “help” you ruin your career. Let’s see the list of 10 actors that ruined their careers.
1. Katherine Heigl – She was a big star in Gray’s Anatomy, but decided to leave the popular series hoping to have big success on the big screen. Despite her success in the movie “Knocked up” she called the movie sexist. The industry claims that the actress was very difficult to work with. She had a difficult manager, her “ terror” mum.
2. Jim Carrey – We were all in love with this guy. One of his most famous movies were “Dumb and Dumber” and “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective”. But everyone got sick and tired of his facial expressions and his eccentric humour. I know I did.
3. Catherine Zeta – Jones – This beautiful actress was the focus of attention in every movie she made. But something happened and the gossip magazines become more focused on her marriage with Michel Douglas and her problems with depression. She no longer makes headlines for playing the leading lady.
4. Macaulay Culkin – He was one cute little boy and everyone fell in love with him during his performance in “Home alone” and “Home alone 2”. After his break up with Mila Kunis he started using drugs. He was also arrested for possession of marihuana. His career was over after that.
5. Hilary Swank – She had a great performance in “Million Dollar Baby” and “P.S. I love you”. After those movies she stayed focused on her family, especially on her sick father.
6. Drew Barrymore – Her first appearance was when she was eleven months old in a commercial. After the commercial, she was very successful in many movies. But like many others she had drug problems. She was acting in a bunch of movies with Adam Sandler, but we all got tired of them.
7. Adam Sandler – For a while was one of the most famous comedians at the box office. But his recent movies like “Grown Ups 2” had very bad reviews.
8. Mike Myers – He made us laugh in films like “Wayne’s World and “Austin Powers”. But after a string of bad films, the critics have ripped him to shreds.
9. Vince Vaughn – He was very famous in the movies “Wedding Crashers” and “Old School”, but when the industry realised Vince is playing the same character in each movie, Hollywood grew bored.
10. Cameron Diaz – She was an A-list actress, but after making some bad decisions, like acting in the movies “Bad Teacher” and “Sex Tape” things turned sour.