Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, may have come from humble beginnings, but that didn’t stop him making himself a household name, from the Canadian Football League to WWF to the silver screen, his body and his fanbase continues to grow. Here we have 10 fun facts about ‘The Rock’, that show his journey to international stardom!
1. Dwayne Johnson comes from the Anoaʻi family, a Samoan family that includes over 16 professional wrestlers.
- Johnson’s family name is Anoa’i, from Samoa, who have 16 professional wrestlers among their members.
2. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson gave up sweets in 1989, but consumes 5,000 calories a day!
3. In WWF you have a face and a heel, a good guy or a villain. Johnson first debuted as a face, Rocky Maivia, but the audience didn’t respond well to his good guy persona. When he came back after an injury he transformed into a heel, ‘The Rock’ who insulted the crowd. And the crowd loved it!
4. Johnson was Tim Burton’s plan ‘B’ for the role of Willy Wonka in his adaptation of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, in case Depp wasn’t available.