If you clicked on this article, then there’s a chance that you’re battling with a dry scalp. And if that’s the case, then you know the struggle. It can be irritating, inconvenient and that’s putting it mildly!
But there are so many solutions to this, that you can choose and see which one works best for you. And put the annoying dry scalp issues behind you for good!
Causes Of Dry Scalp:
* Prolonged use of harsh shampoos that have a lot of chemical content.
* Over exposure to hard water.
* Lack of nutrients in the body due to improper diet.
* Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Over use of styling products
* Lack of adequate hair care, which might include unhealthy beauty habits, lack of oil treatments, and lack of conditioning treatments.
Once you know what the underlying cause could be, you can choose your medicine:
[ Read: How To Treat Dandruff With Salt? ]
Top 10 Tips For Dry Scalp:
1. Use A Moisturizing Shampoo:
It should be moisturizing, to prevent the hair and scalp from drying out even more. You should also use cool water, because hot water has a drying effect.
2. Use A Hydrating Conditioner:
Shampooing takes away the essential oil, so follow up with a good conditioner. You can also try a leave-in one too.
3. Avoid Styling Products:
Products that contain fragrances and alcohol might lead to a dry scalp. Try to cut back, not only to save money, but to save your scalp as well. Some are combined with blow drying which is also not the best friend of your scalp.
[ Read: Get Rid Of Dandruff Using Baking Powder ]
4. Oil Treatments (Two Or Three Times A Week):
They can work wonders. Try coconut oil, apply it warm on your scalp and massage gently until it’s completely absorbed. Doing this two or three times a week hydrates the scalp. Olive oil is also good, with it’s moisturizing effect in retaining the scalp’s own moisture.
[ Here Is The Video – Dry Scalp Treatment ]
5. Use Essential Oils:
Lemon grass, sandalwood, lavender oil… They can do wonders, hydrate dry scalp, cleanse it and tone it. Sandalwood oil for example, can be used for cleaning, soothing and moisturizing a dry scalp effectively.