We are leaving 2017 behind us, but a lot of unforgettable moments, events and things took place these last 12 months especially in Hollywood. We can only wait and see what 2018 has in store for us.
For now, here are 12 iconic moments that happened in 2017 and got people talking, compiled by Diply.
1. The Women’s March that occurred on January 21st
The march that happened on January 21, 2017, to support women’s rights, immigration reform, and healthcare ended up being the largest in U.S. history. A lot of celebrities and famous people took part in this march.
Source: Instagram | @mileycyrus
2. On February 1st, Queen Beyoncé announced she was expecting twins
When Queen Bey announced her pregnancy with an iconic post on Instagram, the whole world lost its mind. The photo has been liked 11.2 million times since it was posted.
Source: Instagram | @beyonce
3. Adele used her acceptance speech as an opportunity to praise Beyoncé
When the English singer gave the acceptance speech at the Grammys she turned to Beyonce and said: “My idol is Queen B, and I adore you, and you move my soul every single day, and you have done for nearly 17 years. I adore you, and I want you to be my mummy, all right?”
4. The mix-up at the Academy Awards
No one can forget the Oscar’s fiasco when the movie La La Land was named best picture winner, instead of the actual winner, Moonlight. Awkward.
5. Shoppers calling out Zara for using skinny models
The clothing company had a poster with skinny models that said: “love your curves.” A lot of people found this frustrating and it sparked a fair bit of outrage when it was a hot topic.
Source: Twitter | @MuireannO_C
6. Kendal Jenner giving a Pepsi to an officer
The ad by Pepsi, where the model hands a can of Pepsi to a police officer was suggesting that all the problems can be solved with a can of soda, which a lot of people found illogical and offensive, not to mention the commercial’s overly positive portrayal of protesting.
7. The Fyre Festival disaster was one for the books
The Fyre Festival, supposedly an opulent music weekend, was improperly organized by celebrities like Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, and Emily Ratajkowski and left a lot of guests complaining about the improper housing, no water or cell service.
Source: Twitter | @_neilarmstrong
8. Mid-May brought the release of the highly anticipated Wonder Woman film
This movie was one of the better things that happened in 2017. A fierce female leading character is what we all needed in our life. People were commenting things like” We need more of this like, yesterday”
9. Kesha released Praying, the first lead single from her new album, Rainbow
The 30-year-old singer released the song in which she opened up about thing such as sexual, physical, and emotional abuse.
10. Taylor Swift appeared in court to testify against a man who sexually assaulted her in 2013
Taylor went to court against a DJ who apparently has sexually assaulted her and the pop mega star won on her day in court.
Source: Flickr | Paolo Villanueva
11. Fifth Harmony iconically shaded their former fifth member, Camila Cabello, at the 2017 Video Music Awards
Now this one is called throwing a massive shade. After Camila Cabello left the group to be a solo singer, Fifth Harmony had a performance where they threw off a fifth member from the stage that was supposed to be representing Camila’s departure.