If you ave ever asked your grandmother for advice on an illness, you’ve certainly got a whole book on home remedies that you can use. Whether it’s onions, ginger, or garlic, these have helped you survive every winter cold for the last couple of years. However, there are some home remedies that are way more bizarre than just putting an onion under your pillow for a stuffy nose. Searching through Reddit, Diply has managed to collect 11 home remedies that are almost too good to be true. Here they are, and you never know they may be helpful.
1. According to this Reddit user, chilled black tea is excellent for sunburns.
All you need to do is pat the tea on your sunburn, and don’t wash it off. Be careful not to put hot tea on your skin, though!
2. Rub white onion on your gums to get rid of that annoying tooth pain.
Tooth pain is the worst, but try this simple remedy to see if it works.
3. Put ginger in hot water to get rid of a stuffed nose and sinus pain.
This Reddit user suggests boiling washed and unpeeled ginger to help clear your passageways.
Pixabay | Couleur
4. Try gargling salt water if you have a sore throat as well as for canker sores.
This one is an oldie, but a goodie.
5. Water is the ultimate cure for everything.
Although it’s obvious, not many people realize it. This Reddit user claims it cures 80% of their headaches and 50% of their appetite problems.
6. Try water and a B12 vitamin for help with a hangover.
It’s better to take it before you go to bed after you’ve been drinking.
7. Reddit user Winter-Stardust recommends using apple cider vinegar if you experience dandruff issues.
They claim it’s the best cure and the simplest one.
8. If you are feeling a cold coming, try a hot toddy.
Here’s the tip: Mix 1 oz Brandy, 1 oz lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons honey in a mug with boiling water. Next, set the mug down, put your face to the mug, and throw a towel over both. Breathe in this hot air until it cools down. Then drink it.
9. Peanut butter to get rid of hiccups.
Pixabay | Dommie
10. Get rid of your mosquito bite itch by pressing the back of a hot spoon against your skin.
This one sounds promising and it’s very simple.
11. Mix water and baking soda into a paste to help you with a bee sting.
Here is how you can achieve flawless skin with these simple home remedies.