Is there anything you don’t know about this hot 42-year-old representative of Hollywood royalty? Well, it seems like there is always more to find out about him. Apart from making you get goosebumps whenever you watch him in Inception, this American actor and film producer is a devoted environmental activist, too. It seems like both acting and activism are the things he is so passionate about. Whenever you get impressed by his film work, just imagine what he has done to save our planet as well. Leonardo DiCaprio is much more than a handsome actor, and you are about to find out why. Here are some other facts about his life.
1. He was supposed to be Lenny Williams.
His first agent wanted Leo to change his name to Lenny Williams because Leonardo DiCaprio sounded “too ethnic.” We are so glad he didn’t listen to this agent!
2. Before they shot the famous “Draw me like one of your French girls” scene, Leo accidentally walked in on Kate Winslet naked!
“I was having my makeup put on—with nothing on—and there was Leo,” Kate explains. “He saw me and went,’Whooa!’ and I said, ‘We’re going to spend the whole day like this; we might as well get over it now.’ That broke the ice.”
3. He’s been in several accidents.
He survived a shark attack, a plane engine explosion, and a skydiving mishap. Lucky Leo!
4. He made a mysterious movie that not many people have seen.
He made a movie called Don’s Plum with his best friend Toby Maguire. Then, a lawsuit was filed, and the filmmakers and the actors both settled and agreed upon the terms that the movie would never be released in the United States or Canada. Does it make you watch it even more?
5. According to Billy Zane, Leo would constantly do gross things to Kate on the set of Titanic.
Source:The Ultra Linx
Director James Cameron also claimed that Leo would fart in this long coat that his character had to wear and then make sure to sweep the coat over her face. “I mean, if anybody else in the world did that, they’d get slapped, and the other person would walk away and not talk to them for a week. With Leo, Kate would just crack up.”
6. He owns a private island and wants to build an eco-friendly resort on it.
Let’s hope other celebrities follow his example.
7. Playing Howard Hughes in The Aviator reawakened his OCD.
“I had the thing where I would walk to school and have to walk, you know, go back a block because I didn’t step on a crack. And I felt like something was going to go wrong if I didn’t do that. And I wanted to sort of reawaken that throughout the course of the film.”
8. He owns a fair-trade coffee company called La Colombe.
9. Leo and Mark Wahlberg didn’t really get along before filming The Basketball Diaries.
After doing a read through, they finally hit it off.
10. He was very interested in the lead role in Moulin Rouge!
However, he couldn’t do it because his singing voice was bad.
11. Leo’s highest rated movie on IMDb is…You guessed it – Inception.
Make sure to watch it, if you haven’t already… like a hundred times.
Source:Know Your Meme
Leo has some thoughts about the ambiguous ending of the movie. He has said that he believes that Cobb actually does make it out of the dream world and ends up in reality with his kids.