It may seem like you are allowed to wear whatever you want nowadays, but actually, dress codes are stricter than ever. The reason behind it may be that people can actually wear almost nothing even when going to work.
Dress code serves a purpose, but sometimes it takes a strict path. Schools can sometimes even suspend their students for wearing something that’s considered inappropriate. Here are some examples of schools that might have gone too far.
1. This is Summer. Summer’s nearly bare shoulders were the reason she was almost arrested.
Her high school said it was against “dress code”, and suspended her for two weeks.
2. A California high school suspended students who wore a dress on a day when the temperature hit the 90s.
3. Cameron Boland won the title of “Historian of the National Honor Society”, but then they disqualified her for wearing a dress with spaghetti straps.
She delivered a speech at a high school she didn’t attend and was later disqualified as some students started complaining about her outfit.
Source: WINK News
4. This girl was pulled out of class because she revealed her collar bone.
5. Canadian high school asked Laura Anderson to change at home because of wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a tank top.
Apparently, it was too revealing.
Source: CBC News
6. This Utah student had to wear her winter coat during her school dance because the straps on her dress were not thick enough.
Imagine having to wear your winter coat throughout the whole night.
7. Carey Burgess was also pulled out of class because she was wearing a skirt that’s too short.
She joked on her Instagram profile about it.
“You saved me, Beaufort High. As Student Body President, junior marshal, and a recipient of the Palmetto Fellows, I was heading down the path of hard drugs (good thing you’re testing next year!), strip clubs, and sugar daddies.”
8. This girl in a Florida high school had to wear this “DRESS CODE VIOLATION” shirt a punishment because she wore a dress that’s four inches above the knee.
9. Sophia wearing a scandalous dress, only because she is 5’9″ tall.
Her mom had to come to the school and defend her.
Source: Business Insider
10. Evette Reay was suspended 30 minutes before the end of the school year because her dress was “too short”.
11. Veronica Ferry wore this dress to church, but her high school asked her to change.
She ended up going home instead.