Some people look at the world like this: guys are always tall no matter what, and girls are always short no matter what.
Fortunately, for those who do this, there exist certain people who go against the “norm”. One such example is the supermodel of the century, Karlie Kloss.
The 24-year-old, former Victoria’s Secret model (2013-2015) certainly has a lot going for her. I mean, for starters, she comes in at a lofty 5’11”.
While short girls are cute and all, it’s always interesting to meet girls who are as tall or even taller than you are.
At the age of 24, Karlie has already accomplished so many things that not everyone else would at that same age.
Here are a few facts about Karlie Kloss that you’ll be glad to hear.
1. She started classical ballet at a young age, calling her training “a beautiful thing”
She slowly moved on to modeling, as before she started she felt like an “odd, tall duck”
Source: Pinterest | TeenVogue
2. Her career certainly got off to an early start
In 2006, when she was just 14, she posed for the cover of the June 2006 issue of Scene Magazine in Chicago, photographed by David Leslie Anthony.
She was then sent to New York to work with Elite New York.
3. At the age of 16, Karlie had already walked 31 runways during the New York Fashion Week
What were you doing at the age of 16? Not a lot of people can say that they’ve walked 31 runways when they were 16, now can they?
Source:READ BETWEEN THE HEMLINES
4. Her walk on the runway is known to be unusual and powerful
Tyra Banks says that Karlie is one of her favorite models, because of her “unique, atypical beauty”
Source: E! Online
5. In Gossip Girl Season 4, she actually made a cameo appearance
The scene is super quick, and she wasn’t as well known at the time so it wasn’t a big deal. But she did a great job!
Source: Tumblr | liftoffs
6. 2011 was the year of her Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show debut
She continued to model for VS for four more years.
7. In 2015, she quit modeling for Victoria’s Secret
She wanted to attend NY University, which I would say is a pretty good reason.
8. Unexpectedly from a model, Karlie is actually really interested in coding
She coded the Kode with Karlie scholarship, which is designed to get more young women interested in computer science.
9. She created a recipe for cookies, and the proceeds went to charity
Well, what a sweet gesture. Get it?…Sweet?…. Because… cookies… and stuff….
10. She’s besties with Taylor Swift
Taylor even allegedly has a separate room in her house, just for Karlie when she comes over to stay.
11. Being one of Taylor’s best friends, she made an appearance in her “Bad Blood” music video
She played Knockout, alongside quite a few other notable celebs and models.
Source: Daily Mail
12. She has appeared 34 times on the cover of Vogue Magazine
13. Even though she has a somewhat busy life, her family is still number one.
She has three sisters, five dogs, three cats, a rabbit and a horse.