Some still miss this POTUS Number 44, but Barack Obama was certainly more than the 44th American president. Besides being the first African-American president of the US, from 2009 to 2016, he is also a father of teenage daughters. Barack and Michelle Obama have two daughters: Malia Ann, born July 4, 1998, and Natasha (known as Sasha), born on June 10, 2001. The ex-president showed us on many occasions how he adores being a dad, although it does come with many challenges. On his 55th birthday, August 4, 2016, Obama penned an essay in Glamour describing how his daughters and being president have made him a feminist. Obama does not hide the fact that being a parent is so much fun for him. Here are many examples of Obama being a dedicated and wonderful dad.
Source: Business Pundit
1. He adores his girls, Malia and Sasha. He loves spending as much time as he can with them.
Source: abc News
2. He brings them to the pardoning of the National Thanksgiving Turkey every year. They sometimes watch with amusement, and sometimes with embarrassment.
Obama even publicly thanked them for joining him. He said that they did it because it made him feel good.
Source: USA Today
3. He takes them to college basketball games.
And they obviously have so much fun!
Source: abc News
4. His dating advice to his daughters was, “as long as that young man is showing you respect, and is kind to you, then I’m not going to be hovering over every second.”
Source: W TLC
5. He joked that the reason he ran for re-election was something connected to his daughters. It was because secret service could cover his daughters for most of their high school days.
Source: Times Live
6. He loves getting snow cones with Malia.
7. He took his daughters on a casual candy shopping spree.
Source: Cottage Digest
8. How about these old school jeans? He wears them for the fun rides with Sasha. Look at the amazing bike!
Source: The Wire
9. He still joins his daughters for bike rides, although they are old enough to ride on their own. And he makes sure safety is first.
Source: NY Mag
10. He was asked to speak at Malia’s high school graduation. He refused and said he would be too overcome with emotion. “I’ll just cry and sit there,” he said.
11. You can see his girls love him as much as he loves them.
12. He publicly sang “Happy Birthday” to Malia as she was turning 18 on July 4th.
13. He promised his daughters a puppy when they moved into the White House. And he kept his promise. The girls now have two Portuguese Water Dogs named Bo and Sunny.
Source: death and taxes
14. When he’s with his girls, he never looks happier.