I don’t think anyone will disagree that Jonah Hill is one of the most famous comedy actors in all of Hollywood today.
Remember him in Superbad, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and Knocked Up?
He’s hilarious, and if you haven’t seen any of his movies, I would suggest doing that right now and then coming back here. And he’s not only in comedy, he’s done some serious drama and shown exceptional talent in serious roles too!
Of course, as with everything in Hollywood, there are some things you probably didn’t know about Jonah Hill. Here’s 15 of them!
1. Jonah is actually childhood friends with Adam Levine, lead singer of Maroon 5. His brother manages the band!
2. Jonah also officiated Adam’s wedding, when he got married to Behati Prinsloo.
3. Jonah truly has some famous friends. He was friends with Dustin Hoffman’s children, which led to him getting an audition for I Heart Huckabees, the first movie he acted in.
4. He’s said in interviews that his best day on set was when he filmed the eBay scene in The 40-Year-Old Virgin with Catherine Keener!
I love that scene!
5. He was so desperate to work on Martin Scorsese in The Wolf of Wall Street, he took a HUGE pay cut. His fellow cast members were paid millions, but he walked home with just $60,000.
6. Martin actually had Jonah in mind for the part and wanted to meet with him about it. But Jonah refused and actually demanded that he audition for the part.
I love that Jonah did this. He really wanted to prove that he deserved to be in the movie!
7. Jonah and Justin Long became roommates after working on Campus Ladies.
They had to stop because they would “fight like an old married couple”, allegedly because Justin didn’t like how Jonah loved to recycle everything.
8. Jonah’s tattoo is for his mom.
The tattoo says “Nancy rules.”
9. Jonah wore fake teeth in The Wolf of Wall Street!
He had a tough time getting rid of a lisp when he wore them so he spent hours on the phone calling random businesses as practice!