It doesn’t take long to fall in love with Rebel Wilson. She moved to America and got ‘Bridesmaids,’ which instantly made her a comedy favorite, but did you know she already had successful projects back in Australia? She had already written, produced and starred in the musical comedy ‘Bogan Pride’, and also won the Tropfest award for best actress.
After she brought us to tears from laughing at ‘Bridesmaids’, she did the same in ‘Pitch Perfect’, and after that, in ‘How To Be Single’, and so much more in between, because she’s awesomely hillarious like that.
And here are 16 things you might not have known about her.
1. She was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
2. You already noticed that Rebel is a pretty unique name, but did you know she has siblings named Liberty, Annachi, and Ryot?
3. She wasn’t always about taking Hollywood. Believe it or not, she was into math!
She told the ‘Sunday Herald,’ ‘I was very academic at high school and was always good with numbers.’
4. They clicked so well with on-screen brother Matt Lucas, they moved in together.
Imagine the fun they must be having. They’ve been getting noise complaints, Rebel said.
5. The reason she pursued acting was – malaria.
This is actually true. She had malaria and hallucinations about winning an Oscar, so talk about silver lining, right?
6. Okay, we already knew this, but on the set of ‘Pitch Perfect’ she made everyone laugh during takes.
Brittany Snow said that Rebel improvised most of her lines and would go off on 20 minutes hilarius spiels making the rest of the cast die of laughter.