It doesn’t take long to fall in love with Rebel Wilson. She moved to America and got ‘Bridesmaids,’ which instantly made her a comedy favorite, but did you know she already had successful projects back in Australia? She had already written, produced and starred in the musical comedy ‘Bogan Pride’, and also won the Tropfest award for best actress.
After she brought us to tears from laughing at ‘Bridesmaids’, she did the same in ‘Pitch Perfect’, and after that, in ‘How To Be Single’, and so much more in between, because she’s awesomely hillarious like that.
And here are 16 things you might not have known about her.
1. She was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
2. You already noticed that Rebel is a pretty unique name, but did you know she has siblings named Liberty, Annachi, and Ryot?
3. She wasn’t always about taking Hollywood. Believe it or not, she was into math!
She told the ‘Sunday Herald,’ ‘I was very academic at high school and was always good with numbers.’
4. They clicked so well with on-screen brother Matt Lucas, they moved in together.
Imagine the fun they must be having. They’ve been getting noise complaints, Rebel said.
5. The reason she pursued acting was – malaria.
This is actually true. She had malaria and hallucinations about winning an Oscar, so talk about silver lining, right?
6. Okay, we already knew this, but on the set of ‘Pitch Perfect’ she made everyone laugh during takes.
Brittany Snow said that Rebel improvised most of her lines and would go off on 20 minutes hilarius spiels making the rest of the cast die of laughter.
7. She thinks her body type is an asset in Hollywood.
She said ‘Bigger girls do better in comedy!’
8. She loves hip-hop and rap.
She has a rap alter ego Rebelicious and went to music competitions with her sister Liberty.
9. She struck a deal with Weight Watchers Australia to be their spokesperson.
She lost 22 pounds but she was filming ‘Pitch Perfect’ at the time and the contract didn’t allow losing too much weight. She had to stay the same size.
10. Tina Fey is her idol.
She loves her, and said ‘She’s a true writer and performer.’
11. Sometimes she watches bad TV. Like us.
She enjoys ‘Dance Moms’ and while it was still on, ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.’
12. American accent actually hurts her.
She said ‘It hurts my face after a few hours.’
13. She is also a writer and producer.
She wrote, produced, and starred in ‘The Westie Monologues.’
14. She wore a tracksuit on Jay Leno.
The girl loves her comfort.
15. ‘Variety’ magazine named her one of the ‘Top Ten Comics to Watch for 2011.’
16. She has a law degree.
Just try to imagine her in a court room. And if you want to see what she might be like in a law firm, watch ‘How To Be Single.