Whether you fell in love with him by watching The Messenger, or The Hunger Games, 56-year-old actor Woody Harrelson has had a lot on his back since the beginning of his career. He has changed a lot since The Hunger Games, for sure. Many people became fans of Woody when he first made a name for himself on the hit sitcom Cheers. Since then, he’s become one of the world’s biggest and most successful actors, but he just seems like the ordinary nice guy from your neighborhood. Here are some little-known facts about his life to spice up your knowledge about him.
1. He was born in Midland, Texas.
When he was quite young, he moved to his mother’s hometown of Lebanon, Ohio.
2. He spent his summers working at the local amusement park.
Actually, he did various jobs, like running games and operating the rides.
3. He graduated from Hanover College with a degree in English and Theater.
4. In his very first movie, he played alongside Goldie Hawn.
They starred together in 1986’s Wildcats.
Source: Cinema Home
5. He is an ethical vegan and raw foodist.
To put it simply, he doesn’t eat meat, dairy, sugar or flour.
6. He is multi-talented.
Besides acting, he is also directing and writing his own plays.
7. He never actually ate a Twinkie while filming Zombieland.
All those snacks were made with cornmeal.
8. His father was a convicted murderer.
Interestingly, Woody says he based his character in Natural Born Killers on his own dad! Creepy, but true.
9. In 1991, he went to Kenya and lived on the outskirts of Nairobi for several weeks.
He simply wanted to get away from everything.
Sometimes we all need a break.
10. He owns his own oxygen bar.
It’s located in West Hollywood.
Source: Earth Times
11. Throughout his life, he has had 17 different jobs.
12. He’s the lead singer of a band.
In his free time, Woody plays with the bands Manly Moondog and Three Kool Hats.
13. He has three beautiful kids with his wife Laura.
He and his wife Laura Louie are proud parents to Deni, Zoe, and Makani.
14. He has two brothers.
His brother Brett has appeared in a few movies.
15. He is a talented director.
He directs films as well as stage productions.