Power couples make the world go round. From entertainment couples like Beyonce and Jay Z, to high-society ones like Barrack and Michelle Obama. There is, however, one couple, to rule them all (pardon the pun), and that’s Kate Middleton and Prince William.
35-year-old Kate Middleton, nowadays known as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and 34-year-old Prince William were married in 2011. They have two children. The adorable Prince George was born in 2013, and two years later came Princess Charlotte to warm our hearts.
These two lovebirds are really cute together, and the media is going crazy over them, ever since the day there was a hint that they’re dating.
But, as with all people who’ve been in the spotlight, there are some things you may not know about Kate Middleton and Prince William’s relationship. So, the next time you go down at the pub and want to start a conversation about these two, here are 16 secrets about Kate and Prince William.
1. They met while they were still students at St. Andrews University, probably some time in the early 2000s.
Source: She Knows Getty Images
2. When Will saw Kate at the “Don’t Walk” fashion show, he instantly fell in love with her, according to one of his close friends.
Source: So Feminine
3. It’s easy to say that he was absolutely mesmerized.
“She was in a very daring dress, in a sheer stocking-like dress. He was sitting front row and his eyes were like stalks.”
Source: Daily Mail Malcolm Clarke
4. Their relationship only became public in 2004, when paps got pictures of them on a ski vacation together.
Just have to say, kudos to Will for actually hooking up with the woman he fell in love with.
Source: PopSugar Bauer-Griffin Online
5. But then the pictures of the two dancing together surfaced. The world lost its marbles!
Source: Daily Mail Rex Features
6. The guy was head over heels for Kate, and it wasn’t long before she was being accepted into the royal family.
She was even invited to attend the wedding of William’s stepsister, Laura Parker Bowles.
Source: Mark Cuthbert | Getty Images
7. Unfortunately, by 2007, it was thought that they had broken up due to the non-stop waterfall of media and reports on their relationship.
I’ve heard that excuse before…
Source: The Loop Getty Images
8. It turned out that Will was the one who broke the chain, due to wanting to focus on his career in the military.
Kate was devastated, but she has stated that it made her a stronger person.
Source: Daily Mail Xposure
9. One thing was for sure, Kate certainly knew how to hide her devastation.
She hung out with her sister Pippa, and focused on her life as a whole. But 8 weeks later, Will and Kate were back together!
Source: Mirror Reuters
10. While they may seem fairly quiet about each other, it was revealed that Kate calls Will “babe”, and he calls her “baby” and “babykins”.
That’s so cute.
Source: Celebuzz Getty Images
11. Four years after the devastating breakup, Will proposed to Kate.
He knew she was the one, and he proposed with the same ring that his father used to propose to Diana.
12. Finally, in the spring of 2011, the whole world stopped to watch the historic wedding.
Some people are still finding it hard to get over Kate’s wedding dress, and I could understand why.
Source: CNN AFP / Getty Images
13. The two never hold hands in public, which led people to believe that they broke up… again.
Well, supposedly they don’t hold hands due to having to remain professional while representing the British Monarchy.
Source: Metro Anthony Devlin | PA Wire
14. A few years after getting married, they had their two children. These two get just as much attention from the media as their parents.
Prince George and Princess Charlotte are the cutest!
Source: PopSugar Getty Images
15. It’s been almost 6 years since they’ve been married, and they look as happy as ever.
Kate has stated that she loves when she and Will to take their kids to the beach.
Source: PopSugar Pascal Le Segretain | Getty Images
16. It’s a good thing the Prince and Princess got the Queen’s blessing, or they might not have been a couple at all!
Queen Elizabeth has stated that she’s absolutely delighted for the couple.