If you are trying to find out how to get into your little black dress and how to melt away all that belly fat, you are on the right page. Just to be clear from the beginning there is no miracle in this world which you can do and remove the fat overnight. You have to make a decision that you will change your lifestyle. If you are determined to lose the belly fat not only will your body will look much better, you will improve your health as well. Beware that dieting and exercise go hand in hand. Don’t fool yourself that only dieting will burn your belly fat. You have to be active and exercise as well, and this should become your daily routine. Below you can find 16 exercises that can help you reduce belly fat faster than you thought it would take.
This exercise is amazing and it should be your number one position for fat-burning exercises.
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back down, and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
You can also do variations of crossover punch, shoulder press, side crunch and butterfly crunch. Be careful while doing the crunches, instead of entering the full sit-up position, just raise your back a few inches from the ground. This is important because it ensures you don’t hurt your back. Remember not to jerk your head forward while doing the crunches because it will put pressure on your neck and result in pain. Just hold your hands above your head and perform the exercise.
As you lift your torso, do not sit up straight. Make an angle of 30-40 degrees with the ground. Only then you will feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
2. Twist Crunches
Once you get used to the regular crunches try to modify the basic crunch and switch to even more effective tummy exercise.
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees as you would do in crunches, keeping your feet on the floor.
- You have to lift your upper torso while performing crunches. But, in twist crunches, you have to lift just your right shoulder towards the left, keeping the left side of your torso on the ground.
- Again alternately, lift your left shoulder towards the right, keeping the right side of your torso on the ground.
- Repeat 10 times
3. Side Crunch:
This one is almost the same as the twist crunch exercise. There is only one small difference, tilt your legs to the same side simultaneously with your shoulders. The side crunch focuses on the muscles on your sides.
Just make sure that you keep your movements steady and slow. The midsection is a complex area of the body and you could hurt it if you perform the twists in a hurried fashion.
4. Reverse Crunches
Now it’s about a time to do reverse crunches. It’s an amazing exercise to reduce belly fat.
It is very similar to the twist crunch exercise. The only thing that you need to do is tilt your legs behind simultaneously with your shoulders. The side crunch focuses on the muscles on your sides.
To avoid any injuries Keep your back straight while performing the exercise, as arching it can result in pain, and in some cases, even injury.
5. Vertical Leg Crunch
- Lie flat on the floor, or on the mat, with your legs extended upwards (towards the ceiling) and one knee crossed over the other.
- Now that you have positioned your body perfectly, do the same as you would have done in the case of crunches. That is, breathe in and lift your upper body from the floor towards the pelvis.
- Breathe out slowly. As you bring yourself down, breathe in again, and exhale as you go up.
- Do 12 to 15 repeats and up to three sets.
When you are doing this exercise begin by doing only a few repetitions as it can make you feel sore if you overdo it initially.
6. Bicycle Exercise
You don’t need a bicycle for this.
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head as you do in crunches.
- Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
- Bring your right knee close to your chest, keeping your left leg away.
- Now take your right leg away and bring your left leg close to your chest.
- Keep doing this as if you are paddling a bicycle.