There is one thing that many people wish to achieve so badly, and that is to look youthful. They spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on treatments to look younger, while others are just naturally baby-faced. The latter are very lucky if their career is acting in movies, which is the case of the following celebrities. These stars had no problem playing characters in high school, when they were in fact, a lot older. Are you getting a little jealous? I know, I am, too!
1. Rachel McAdams in Mean Girls was playing a 16-year-old student when in reality, she was 26 years old!
Maybe she didn’t look 16, but she definitely looked young enough to play the part!
2. In High School Musical, Zac Efron was playing a high school student, but he was actually 19 years old and his high school days were behind him.
3. America Ferrera was playing a 17-year-old in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but in reality, she was 21.
4. Remember That’s So Raven? Raven-Symoné was 18 at the time she started filming, but was actually playing a 14-year-old.
She did it well, too!
5. Anne Hathaway was actually 19 years old when she played Mia Thermopolis in The Princess Diaries.
Mia was supposed to be 16.
6. Leighton Meester played 16-year-old Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl.
She was in fact 21.
7. Nina Dobrev was 20 years old when she first appeared on The Vampire Diaries as a 16-year-old.
Source:Vampire Diaries Online
8. Cory Monteith was 27 when he started playing a teenage Finn Hudson on Glee.
9. Gabrielle Union played a 17-year-old in Bring it On
She was actually 28 in real life. She’s got some good genes!
This is what she looks like at 44. Amazing!
Source: Instagram | @gabunion
10. Aria Montgomery was 16 when Pretty Little Liars first aired, but Lucy Hale was 22 years old in real life.
11. Troian Bellisario was 26 when she started playing 16-year-old Spencer Hastings on PLL.
Source:Pretty Little Liars Wiki
12. Dylan O’Brien was 20 years old when he started playing 16-year-old Stiles Stilinski on Teen Wolf.
Source:Teen Wolf Wiki
13. Tyler Posey was 20 when he played a 16-year-old on Teen Wolf.
Look at that jaw line!
14. Bianca Lawson was 32 years old when she started playing Maya on Pretty Little Liars.
Can you believe she was actually supposed to be 16 years old?
This is what she looks like when she’s not on-screen. Quite different!
15. Brenda Song was actually 17 when she appeared on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody as 15-year-old London Tipton.
16. Ian Somerhalder played a 16-year-old on The Vampire Diaries, but he was actually 31.
He clearly won over the rest of the younger actors.
17. Jason Earles played Jackson Stewart on Hannah Montana.
During the show, Jackson was finished with high school and starting college, he was really 29 years old at the time.
Source: Pinterest | wonderwall.msn.com
18. Alexis Bledel was 19 when she played 15-year-old Rory Gilmore on Gilmore Girls.
I would say she looked even younger.
Source: Pinterest | OkChicas
When she’s not on set, she has a certain maturity that is simply stunning.
19. Sarah Hyland started out by playing a teenager on Modern Family, but in reality, she was an adult!
She’s 26 years old right now.
Source: A.V. Club
She has been very open about how youthful she looks and how it can work to her advantage to land younger roles!