Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com
We all fell in love with this adaptation of Nicolas Sparks’ book, especially with the great acting team and scenery. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth make you want to watch it over and over again. We dream about having a relationship like theirs and we may need a tissue or two before the end. Care to get some details from the filming?
1. Will was supposed to be played by Taylor Lautner instead of Liam Hemsworth.
2. Liam only moved to Australia three weeks before he took the part. He found a job so fast, right? Some actors spend years looking for a job.
3. Miley and Liam met while filming and had a real on-and-off relationship. They are still together, all you fans out there!
4. Ronnie’s name comes from Miley’s late grandfather Ron, who passed away in 2006.
Source: Pinterset | Yahoo
5. Miley had a strong southern accent and trained hard with a dialect coach before filming.
6. She also learned how to play the classical piano.
7. Nicholas Sparks first wrote the screenplay for the movie, and then started the book.
8. Liam lied during audition that he was able to play volleyball. He was worried the producers will find out.
9. He passed a SCUBA certification course so that he could be in the film. This is funny because he is an avid surfer.
10. The sea turtles would only move towards the water at dusk, so they were filming at that time in a total of four days.
11. Miley was considered a minor during filming. She was only allowed to work for a few hours a day, so most of the scenes are filmed with a body double.
12. Kelly Preston makes her first appearance a year after her son’s death in this movie as Ronnie and Jonah’s mother.
13. Miley and Liam sing “She Will Be Loved” in the movie, which is ironic because Kelly Preston is in the music video in reality.
14. The church in the film is a built prop.
15. The cast and crew dealt with tropical thunderstorms and jellyfish while filming.
16. Greg Kinnear left production because his daughter was born during filming.
17. Most of the actors took stained glass lessons before filming began.
18. Hannah Montana had to take a break because Miley was busy filming.
19. The movie was supposed to be shot on Tybee Island, but it is a protected landscape, so the cast build a replica of the terrain.
20. Their reproduction was very good, so it remains part of the terrain to this day.