It’s incredible how makeup can really transform people. Think of actors, for instance. They have to step into someone else’s shoes to convince the audience that they are really the character they represent. Some roles, however, require more than good acting skills. That’s where prosthetics come in. Some actors have had huge transformations in order to shoot a single scene of the movie. From Ralph Fiennes playing Voldemort to Angelina Jolie turning into a man, these people are bound to surprise you with their on-screen metamorphosis. Sometimes, it can take the whole day to just get into costume. BoredPanda has made an excellent collection of actors who were transformed by the power of makeup for their incredible roles.
Scroll down and choose your favorite.
1. Ralph Fiennes – Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter Series)
2. Naomi Grossman – Pepper (American Horror Story Series)
3. Meryl Streep – Rabbi (Angels In America)
4. Robin Williams – Mrs. Doubtfire (Mrs. Doubtfire)
5. Eddie Redmayne – Lili (The Danish Girl)
6. Heath Ledger – Joker (The Dark Knight)
7. Jacob Tremblay – Auggie (Wonder)
8. Richard Brake – The Night King (Game Of Thrones)
9. Eddie Murphy – Saul (Coming To America)
10. John Matuszak – Sloth (The Goonies)
11. Ryan Reynolds – Deadpool (Deadpool)
12. Tim Curry – Pennywise (It, 1990)
13. John Travolta – Edna Turnblad (Hairspray)
14. Charlize Theron – Aileen (Monster)
15. Johnny Depp – James ‘Whitey’ Bulger (Black Mass)
16. Emma Thompson – Nanny McPhee (Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang)
17. Bill Skarsgård – Pennywise (It)
18. Cate Blanchett – Bob Dylan (I’m Not There)
19. Helena Bonham Carter – Red Queen (Alice Through The Looking Glass)
20. Tilda Swinton – Madame D. (The Grand Budapest Hotel)
Here are some celebrities who look entirely different without makeup.