Parenting was never an easy task, although some modern parents think it’s never been this hard. If you are a parent, you are probably multitasking and procrastinating at the same time, 24 hours a day. All for the sake of your own sanity and your kids’ happiness. And then, one day, your daughter comes in and says to you: Why are you so boring? Other people’s moms are so cool! And it hurts you so much, but then you go and take that old photo album of yours and boom! She starts looking at all the crazy stuff you and your dad did in your adolescence, and she starts asking a hundred questions a minute. Parents used to be cool, or maybe even cooler than their kids!
Here is a collection by BoredPanda of vintage photos that prove parents had so much fun in the past.
1. Mom used to skateboard barefoot in California, 1974
2. Here is a man telling off a Klan member in Auburn AL, 1985
3. A dad sculpting a bust of his then-girlfriend in 1980s
4. A mother who used to be a tank instructor in 1984
5. A mom posing at 16 years old with her Camaro In 1975
6. The 80s were way cooler than nowadays
7. Late 1960’s, barefoot on a motorcycle
8. Surfer Magazine, Peru, 1977
This dad used to be a sexy surfer!
9. Dad who used to skateboard at Hyde School, in 1982
10. Cooking a barbecue on top of a moving submarine
Probably the coolest one in the collection!
11. Moscow, 1975
This woman’s travels almost make her a spy.
12. First car, a 1939 Ford
He bought it with his own money that he earned farming. This nowadays dad was only 11 when he bought it, and the photo was taken in 1948.
13. Pretty cool moves, 1977
14. Man in Saudi Arabia, 70’s, working as a US Military contractor diving in the red sea
15. Skiing in underwear in the 70s
16. Selfies before they used to be cool, 1989
17. Cool teacher of math in Southern California, late 70’s/early 80’s
18. A different kind of a wedding day, 1980
19. Living in Alaska with a husky puppy
20. 48 Beers and a unicycle, early 80s
Here are some cool kids who are so bored at weddings and they can’t hide it.