Since the beginning of existence, the human race is trying to make life easier. We constantly look for new ways of how to do things. Hacks are one way to achieve that.
In the 1910s, Gallaher Ltd of Belfast & London and Ogden’s Branch of the Imperial Tobacco Co printed the “How-To” cards series. The New York Public Library later converted the vintage life hacks with pictures which were originally made by a British cigarette brand into a digital collection.
Below you can see 21 of these ingenious life hacks. They are amazing and amusing, but please be aware that safety standards are much higher now than back in the 1910’s. Because of that reason we don’t recommend trying some of these.
1. How to light fire without wood
2. How to fix a broken plate
3. How to treat an animal bite
4. How to measure with coins
5. How to cool wine without ice
6. How to remove sea stains from brown shoes