Did you know that we all have a doppelganger somewhere in the world? For those who don’t know, a doppelganger is a person who can literally live halfway around the world, but still look 99.9% identical to you. Imagine meeting that person, or worse, imagine bumping into them on the street some day!
I wish there was a website where you upload a picture of yourself and it goes through some kind of massive database to find your doppelganger. I know for a fact that I would love to meet my doppelganger if I had one.
Ever since a picture of a man who was alive in the 1870s was put alongside a picture of Nicholas Cage, the internet went mad and wanted to find more celebrities and their historical doppelgangers.
Here are 22 celebrities compared with their historic doppelgangers. You may find it hard to believe how similar these can look.
1. President Millard Fillmore and Alec Baldwin
The 13th President of the United States and the thorn in the 45th President’s side.
2. Judy Zipper and Leonardo DiCaprio
3. Civil War Soldier and Christian Bale
Don’t really see the resemblance on that one, but maybe that’s just me.
4. David Bowie and Tilda Swinton
The doppelganger here isn’t really “historic”, but actually, when you think what the guy did for pop music, he is. RIP David Bowie.
5. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Rose Wilder Lane
Maggie and the prolific American journalist, travel writer, novelist and political theorist.
6. Mahir Çayan and Jimmy Fallon
Turkish politician and the people’s favorite.
7. Nicolae Grigorescu and Orlando Bloom
The Romanian painter and Will Turner.
8. Brad Pitt and Hermann Rorschach
Do Pitt and the Swiss Freudian psychiatrist and psychoanalyst share chromosomes?
9. WWII General Douglas MacArthur and Bruce Willis
10. Vladimir Putin and Macaulay Culkin
11. Ginger Rogers and Christina Aguilera
12. Jay Z and a man in Harlem in 1939
13. Painting and Michael Jackson
14. Civil War Era man and Nicholas Cage
This is the one we were talking about earlier.
15. Conan O’Brien and Marshall Harvey Twitchell
Great name Twitchell, love it!
16. 1890s man and Eddie Murphy
17. Zora Neale Hurston and Queen Latifah
18. Peter Dinklage and Diego Velazquez’s “Portrait of Sebastián de Morra”
19. Zach Galifianakis and Louis Vuitton
20. Jennifer Lawrence and Zubaida Tharwat
21. Lee J. Cobb and Jason Segal
They have the same smile!
22. And finally,
Jack Black and Paul Revere
Well, that’s certainly a fairly long list of celebs who have historic doppelgangers. Which one of these do you think looks most like their lookalike? Let us know in the comments below!