It is that time of the year when you finally get to hibernate at home and do nothing! Yay! Or maybe you didn’t do the spring cleaning, and you are stressing out right now, are you? Please don’t because you can do some little projects that will give you plenty of results.
If you want to start with something else, like clothes, you can make use of the following clothing hacks. Because even though you haven’t confessed, you probably have a closet that is messy and full of stained clothes that you didn’t know how to repair.
Hop onboard and discover these great clothing tips!
1. Remove red wine stains from cotton clothes easily.
Instead of tossing out that top, all you need is a little paper towel and some club soda. It will all be fine!
2. Use a sharpie to cover bleach stains.
Bleach stains are definitely the worst. Color over them with a sharpie to make them disappear. Magic, right?
Source: Sew Many Ways
3. Try on new pants like a pro!
By wrapping the waistband of a pair of pants around your neck, you can see if they will fit your waist. If the ends won’t meet each other, they are probably too small for you.
Source: YouTube | Myntra
4. Make your own ripped jeans rock
Wearing tights under your ripped jeans is an easy way to make them hot! Choose tights with a wild design to accent the denim.
5. Remove pit stains with lemon juice.
A little of this magic stuff under the armpits of your shirts before you wash them will have them like new.
Source: Mom 4 Real
6. Use baby wipes to remove deodorant stains
Bring your shirt back from the dead by removing stains with baby wipes!
Source: Rick Lew | Real Simple
7. Use clear nail polish to calm your buttons from running wild
Slap on a little clear nail polish to keep your buttons in place forever!
Source: James Wojcik | Real Simple
8. Remove red lipstick stains
Use some hairspray, let it breathe for a moment, gently dab it, and then throw it in the wash.
9. Remove stains from leather boots.
After brushing your boots off, wipe them down with soap and hot water. Then, mix one part vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle and spray them. Finally, rub in some conditioner and spray the boots with a waterproof mixture.
Source: 11 and Chic
10. De-pill your clothes with a razor.
Get rid of all those pesky little scraps in seconds. All you need to do is wash your clothes, run a razor over them, and then swipe them with a lint roller.
Source: Cotton And Curls
11. Roll your pants when wearing boots
Instead of tucking them inside your boots, just cuff them!
12. Use a hair straightener to iron your shirt collar perfectly.
Source: Reddit | BayanBenett
13. Turn old t-shirts into new tank tops.
Put a tank top that fits you well over the shirt you want to redesign. Then, outline the shape of the neckline and the strap width, and cut the t-shirt along the lines you drew. Finally, use the t-shirt scraps to tie the straps together, twisting the back. Lovely!
Source: DIY Damsels
14. Kill odors on denim clothes with vodka.
Get a clean spray bottle and mix one shot of vodka with three drops of essential oil. Add some warm water, spray your jeans or denim vest with this magic elixir and let it sit overnight.
Source: The Lone Home Ranger
15. Revive your old leather shoes with moisturizer.
Put your favorite moisturizer on your old leather shoes and they’ll shine as if they’re brand new.
16. Closet cleanout
It might be beneficial to schedule a biannual closet clean-out to determine what you actually wear. You could probably donate some of your items to your local clothing drive.
Source: Tumblr | attractivecelebsonrepeat
17. Create double hangers with soda can tabs.
By hooking a soda can tab to one of your existing closet hangers, you will save so much space!
18. Rig A keychain to prevent your zipper from unzipping
Jus hook a key chain onto the end of the zipper and secure it to your button.
19. Boost drawer space by stacking clothes differently.
Place them in neat vertical rows to save space.
Source: Darkroom & Dearly
20. Hide bra straps with a paper clip.
Until the perfect bra is invented, a paper clip will get those bra straps in line.
Source: Instagram | @itsmercie
21. Make your own non-slip hangers.
Wrap rubber bands around the end of a hanger and your silky shirts won’t ever slip off.
Source: Instagram | @lifehackerin
22. Use a shower cap for your shoes when traveling.
A shower cap will keep your shoes together in your luggage and prevent your clothes from getting dirty.
Source: Instagram | @tailors_executive
23. Use pool noodles to keep boots upright.
Pick up a few pool noodles from the dollar store and your boots will always be standing straight.
Source: Instagram | @rainbowsendflagstaff
24. The ultimate bra hack for backless dresses.
Try sewing an old bra with the clasps removed to the inside of your backless dress. Finally!