Ah nostalgia…Tis a beautiful thing. You never know what random item, smell or taste will spur it on, but the feeling is indescribable…you’re right back in the moment when the catalyst was important. Old toys, photographs, mama’s cooking or a whiff of perfume can transport you in a quick zip all the way back. I find smells are most potent on the nostalgia scale for me.
What does it for you?
Try out this collection below and see if they can make you time travel.
1. The struggle of trying to press down all these buttons at once was real.
Source: Office Supply Geek
Although we knew it wouldn’t work, we still felt satisfied while doing it. Multiple times.
2. The sound of flipping through a giant binder of cds was just indescribable!
What about deciding on which cd you would like to listen to?
3. The frustration of trying to roll one of these maps back up at school.
Source: Geek Fill
It felt so stressful!
4. The hint of wood flavor when you ate from ice cream cups.
But, of course, that didn’t matter to you at all!
5. The weird rubbery feeling of those Livestrong bracelets
Source: The Guardian
We could barely bend our arms back then! Well, at least they raised money for charity, and that mattered the most.
6. The taste of a Viennetta cake
You probably felt so classy eating it!
7. The feeling of anxiety you felt when trying to do this
Getting stressed out already?
8. The smell of permanent markers
We all knew it was bad for you, but it probably didn’t stop you from taking a big sniff!
9. Pretending to know what we were doing when we played Minesweeper
Totally hilarious and my top favorite on the list!
10. The feeling of peeling glue off your hand
We didn’t need smartphones back then. All we had to buy was white glue. It was one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.
11. Feeling like the world’s greatest artist when you added color to your MS Paint squiggles
Did you also feel like the new Picasso?
12. Using your hands to rub patterns onto the fabric of a couch
Ugly couches were a fun piece of furniture when doing this! We were so easily entertained.
13. The stabby poke of the lead when you pretended to “shoot up” with a mechanical pencil
At least we only pretended to do drugs. It was fun!
14. The gentle click of pressing a flip phone’s buttons
Thanks to T9, we were doing this a lot!
15. The way your heart would stop as soon as you realized your music stopped playing…
Because of this…
Source: The Australian
16. The poky feel of using your finger to try and rewind it
17. The delicious burn of a Sour Altoid in your mouth
18. The sound of a Spacemaker exploding as it hits the floor
Source: Retro Junk
Because they never fell, but exploded!
19. The rage you felt every time you saw this stupid dog while playing Duck Hunt
You seriously wished that “dog” was dead. Although you are an actual lover of dogs.
20. The squishy feeling of a pencil grip between your fingers
Source: The Odyssey
It made your writing so much easier!
21. Going deaf every time you heard the loudest sound in existence before a movie
Source: Dylan Ridley
22. The grinding feeling when you turned the crank on a gumball machine
Although you know the gum’s flavor would only last about as long as it took to turn the crank in the first place. But it was totally worth it!
23. The smoky, sulfur smell after setting off a cap
24. Feeling like a genius when you flipped over a Memory card and knew exactly where its match was
Those were good times!
Feeling nostalgic about the early 2000s? Here is a list of things you surely loved back then.