3-Year-Old Girl Passes Away After Six Months, And The Cause Of Death Was A Popcorn Kernel • MetDaan

3-Year-Old Girl Passes Away After Six Months, And The Cause Of Death Was A Popcorn Kernel

boy and popcorn

I think that you’ll agree there’s nothing more tragic than the death of a child.
A life so brief and innocent has no right to be shut down before the child has had a chance to experience the world.

When children tragically pass away, it’s always nice to know that their time on Earth will make a difference in the life of another little one.

That is the case for little Mirranda Grace Lawson, a toddler who sadly passed away in early November 2016, around six months after she choked on a popcorn kernel.

Her death was an unfortunate accident, but her parents are hoping to share the story with other families around the world, to help raise awareness for the choking hazards that surround us every day.

For this little one, just a single popcorn kernel took away her life, and the family don’t want other families to experience a heartbreak like that.

Scroll through below to learn more.

Mirranda Grace Lawson is a toddler who passed away in November 2016, but her fight began in May of 2016.

Alison, Mirranda’s mother was celebrating her birthday at home with all of her kids and husband Patrick.

They were having a great time for the whole day, until the end.

According to the GoFundMe page made by Bobbie Jo Cordie, the Lawsons’ niece, the festivities drew to a close when something went horribly wrong.

“At the end of Alison’s birthday, Mirranda ran in to the living room.

Eyes huge, no sound. Time stopped.

Those were the last moments they shared before Mirranda fell to the ground; they swept her mouth, nothing; Pat started CPR.

The ambulance got there, Mirranda’s heart stopped.”

Source:Flickr / Veggie Frog

To Top