Everyone has different physical traits and that’s what makes us all beautiful. There are some characteristics that some people have, but others don’t. Take dimples, for example. Dome people have them on their cheeks, some have them on their backs. Yeah, you don’t reallly think of them that often, but some people have cute dimples on their backs. They are called the ‘dimple of Venus’ and are more common in women. Here are some of the most interesting facts about these that can tell a lot about a person’s health.
Back dimples can tell you some interesting things about yourself and your health, just like your tongue, for example.
1. The official name for these back dimples is Lateral Lumbar Indentations.
2. Something you probably don’t know is that if you have these back dimples, they were probably passed down to you from your mom.
Characteristics like these are usually genetic.
3. According to official medical descriptions, they are ‘created by a short ligament stretching between the posterior superior iliac spine and the skin.’
4. Some information and research claim that women with these dimples have an easier time reaching their peak during intimate activity.
Actually, there is a lack of scientific evidence to support that claim.
But the explanation behind it is the placement and shape of the pelvis and backbone.
The position of bones and muscle in the body could cause improved circulation. This, therefore, might cause a higher chance of a release.
Obviously, more research needs to be done in that department. One thing is for sure – there is definitely no risks associated with having back dimples.
5. People can have more pronounced back dimples than others.
The size, shape and appearance of the dimples depends on the person’s weight, shape and how athletic they are.
6. There are exercises if you want to enhance them.
There are back bending exercises that will engage the lower back muscles and core muscles. You’ll get a strength workout and make those back dimples more pronounced.
You can also get two piercings on them if you want to show them off.