During the long cold winter days it’s almost inevitable that our skin can dry out. No matter if you are a woman or a man, the skin simply loses its natural oils due to the strong winds and freezing weather. Once your skin is dry and irritated, the healing process is quite hard. As with many other health problems it is easier to prevent than to deal with the consequences. But how? We have listed seven tips that will help you prevent your skin from getting dry.
1. Wash your face and body with lukewarm water. Even if you prefer hot showers, you should know that hot showers or baths strip away the body’s natural oils. If you like hot baths, don’t stay in the tub for more than 10 minutes.
2. Use more natural cleaning products. Try to avoid soaps as much as possible. Your skin will be healthier if you use specially designed products to clean and moisturize. Regular soaps dry out the skin because of the detergents in them. Don’t scrub your skin too much while washing.
3. The perfect time to shave is after the shower. Your hair is softer and more pliable. There is even no need to mention that shaving can irritate the skin a lot.
4. If you really have to do more than one shower a day always use rich moisturizing shower gels.
5. Drink a lot of water. We all need around two liters a day to keep our body and skin moisturized. It’s even better if you have a healthy diet and exercise.
6. Shea butter, avocado, ceramides, glycerin, are great skin moisturizers. These ingredients protect the skin’s natural oils. Take good care when you are out for a cosmetic product shopping.
7. Use a humidifier during winter because heating dries the moisture in the air. It’s best if you are humidifying it and then keeping it around 50% most of the time.