If you thought Utopia does not exist, let me tell you a little story about a far-away village that is so flowery that you might start to think you’ve had it with flowers forever.
Once upon a time, in a small Polish village called Zalipie, somebody painted a flower on their ceiling. They did it to cover a soot mark, and covering soot stains became a flowery tradition. Eventually, everything in town was covered in flowers. But now one grandma is making another town special, too.
This 90-year-old grandma spends every spring and summer adorning windows and door frames with majestic designs in Louka, Czech Republic. Age is just a number after all!
Anežka (Agnes) Kašpárková, who is a former agricultural worker, picked up the hobby from other local women. She started using vibrant blue paint and a small brush, and created intricate floral patterns inspired by traditional Moravian (southern Czech) artwork. The granny insists this is pure pleasure for her. “I am an artist,” she stated to Czech media. “I just enjoy it and I want to help.”
Scroll down to see this artistic grandma in action.
1. Carefully crafting
2. Even with a hump on her back, she can do this in no time
3. Look at her sharp look that can notice meticulous details
4. She doesn’t mind using the stairs, too.
5. Looks perfect!
6. Take a look from this close and you will become aware of her talent
7. Different flowers each time
8. Granny combines flowers and leaves to form amazing designs
9. She doesn’t seem tired at all
10. Here’s another interesting design.
11. Actual flowers are applied, too.
12. This is what she turned the church into.
13. Her ideas are endless.
14. There are so many different flower designs!
15. The church is brightened up.
16. Nothing can stop her from going on with her creativity.
If you are a fan of flowers, you might want to check out these flowery desserts.