At this point, we’re used to seeing news about celebrities on TV and social media pretty much all the time. Sometimes it’s dating news, divorces and other times it’s a car or house they just bought. Then, we kind of start fantasizing their life and all the stuff they can get their hands into because they’re simply rich. But this also doesn’t mean that they don’t work hard to earn what they earn. Actors, singers, movie producers, they actually have a lot of work and preparations to do in order to make a movie worth watching or perform a good song.
Still, we are curious to know how much they make in a year and we’re lucky because Forbes just added up the 2017 global ticket sales of major actor’s films (excluding animated movies) using data from Box Office Mojo. Here are the top-grossing actors of 2017.
10. John Boyega (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Detroit, The Circle): $815 million
9. Chris Hemsworth (Thor: Ragnarok): $845 million
8. Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2): $864 million
7. Tom Holland (Spider-Man: Homecoming): $888 million
6. Daisy Ridley (Star Wars: The Last Jedi): $1.08 billion
5. Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean, Murder on the Orient Express): $1.1 billion
4. Emma Watson (Beauty and the Beast): $1.3 billion
3. Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman, Justice League): $1.4 billion
2. Dwayne Johnson (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle): $1.5 billion
1. Vin Diesel (xXx: The Return of Xander Cage): $1.6 billion