Editorial credit: stock_photo_world / Shutterstock.com
Model, actress, fashion designer and an activist Amber Rose was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania thirty-three years ago. Add her hip-hop work to that, and you see why she is regarded as one of the hardest working women in show business. She is also the queen of transformation, with millions hooked to her social media accounts to see what this selfie queen will evolve into next. But above all, she is the epitome of unapologetic success against the odds of someone coming from a disadvantaged background. Read up!
1. Amber was born as Amber Levonchuck
Rose is her mother’s Dorothy maiden name
2. She’s proud of her Black, Portuguese, Irish, and Italian heritage
3. When she was 15 years old, she started stripping in order to provide for her family after her parents divorced
4. She eventually gave up stripping and ventured into the entertainment industry
5. Amber started by making cameos in several popular music videos. Her first appearance was in Ludacris’s “What Them Girls Like”
6. She started receiving more attention after she posed in a Louis Vuitton ad. She appeared as a runway model for New York Fashion Week…
7. …after which she signed with one of the biggest modeling agencies in the world, Ford Models
8. Back in 2012, Amber released her debut single titled “Fame”
9. She channeled her love for fashion by creating her own clothing line called Rose & Ono
10. She’s also an author. In her book How To Be A Bad Bitch she gives advice on career, relationships and fashion
11. She is also an outspoken activist for victims of sexual abuse. She started the “Slut Walk” to bring awareness to the fact that women are often judged for their sexual behavior
12. And somehow, she also manages to be a great parent for her son, Sebastian and to run her own talk show called The Amber Rose Show
13. And to add some icing on the cake, she is going to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars!