No one is sure how exactly April Fools’ Day came to be, but some scholars believe its origins go as far back as the time of Noah and his Ark. Namely, the London Public Advertiser came up with a theory in the XVIII century which claimed Noah’s mistake of sending the dove out of the ark before the water had abated as the first April Fools’ prank ever performed.
But you don’t really need to know the genesis of the tradition in order to perform it, do you? Neither do you have to consign your jokes and pranks to 24 hours out of 365 days in the year. A good-hearted, well-planned, harmless prank is always welcomed by anyone with an ounce of humor in their body, so here are 15 great ideas to surprise your friends and family with, no matter what day it is.
1. No one will ever suspect a baby
Source: Imgur | lespooner
2. We are sure he was only slightly disappointed
Source: reddit | mbradycf
3. Trick your kids into consuming some vitamins with some Cheetos-looking carrots
Source: Lady Create-a-lot
5. Hi Jason!
6. The drawer your dad tells you to look through when you ask for something
7. The scary lunchbox…
8. …and its refrigerator extension
Source: reddit | bigglet**s
9. This will teach them to make their own breakfast
10. And that’s how you overcome awkwardness
Source: reddit | Knarc1ssus
11. The ultimate college April fool
12. When your kids want sponge cake
Source: reddit | anthonygtran
13. If you hate Jell-O, this would work
Source: Meet The Dubiens
14. Yogurt and a peach can make a pretty convincing egg for breakfast
15. Marking territory