By far the biggest succcess of this year’s Cannes Festival was Ogilvy Chicago’s “Portraits Finished” campaign, which involves some classic works of art from important artists that they have taken and added what the lower body area of the person captured in the portrait would look like if it was actually captured.
I know right. You too have always wondered what they could possibly look like, if EVERYTHING had been captured.
So now we know.
Check out the pics from the exhibition below:
More info: canneslions.com (h/t)
1. Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Portrait Of Jeanne Samary
2. Johannes Vermeer, Girl With A Pearl Earring
3. Vincent Van Gogh, Self Portrait
4. Leonardo Da Vinci, Mona Lisa
5. Raphael, Self Portrait
6. Paul Cézanne, Self Portrait With Beret
7. Henri Matisse, Woman With A Hat
8. Rembrandt Van Rijn, Self Portrait
My, look at those shoes Mona Lisa is sporting. Maybe they could make a comeback…
Certainly puts these classic works of art into a whole new light, doesn’t it? They certainly did a good job of making it seem like it actually came from the bottom of the original portrait, if there was one.
OMG, what if they did, and it’s a super secret conspiracy? Imagine a completely alternate Louvre with all the bottoms existing somewhere. I’d like to go to see that.