If the name does not ring a bell for you, let me remind you of a show that may have been your favorite in your childhood. Remember The Crocodile Hunter? Bindi was one of the reasons why many people started loving this show. She is the daughter of Steve and Terri Irwin, who both appeared on TV together. Her first appearance was when she was only two, but what has she become now? From TV star to Australian actress, she has grown up to be a beautiful 18-year-old lady.
1. Bindi is the daughter of Steve and Terri Irwin. Her parents appeared on TV as wildlife experts and educated people about Australian animals.
Source:The Daily Telegraph
2. Bindi was only two when she started loving the camera and appeared on TV.
3. Bindi had a special bond with her father while growing up. Her father gave her the name of his favorite female crocodile at the Australian Zoo! Her name is an Australian Aboriginal word that means “young girl”.
Also, her middle name, Sue, was the name of the family’s dog.
Source:The Crocodile Hunter
4. Bindi was a natural lover of the camera! She loved to be on The Crocodile Hunter Diaries and The Wiggles: Wiggly Safari.
5. She even had her own TV show called Bindi the Jungle Girl, which was a 26-part wildlife documentary show for kids.
6. Sadly, her father passed away in 2006. She delivered a eulogy for him in front of a crowd of 5,000, receiving a standing ovation.
Her mother said that Bindi wrote the speech herself!
7. Bindi started a career in music. She also starred in a child fitness DVD where she sang and danced with a group called Bindi Kidfitness.
Source: YouTube | craksandwitches
8. Bindi made a hip hop album called Trouble in the Jungle with her band, Bindi and The Crocmen.
During the process, she learned how to play the piano.
9. She started her career as an actress in 2010, starring in Free Willy: Escape from Pirate’s Cove. It was her first lead role!
10. She also appeared in Return to Nim’s Island, taking over the lead role from Abigail Breslin.
Source:Return to Nim’s Island
11. Although she became an actress, she never forgot the wildlife. She was awarded the Young Conservationist of the Year by Australian Geographic Society in 2014!
Source:The Huffington Post
12. Bindi was also invited to join Dancing with the Stars the following year. It was an exciting experience for her.
13. They paired her with Derek Hough. They were so good that they won the competition!
She also did a dancing choreography as a tribute to her father.
Source:The Business Insider
14. Although a bit shy about her personal life, she opens up about her boyfriend Chandler Powell.
“I’m really happy with our relationship and I think we’ll just continue to have fun,” she said in an interview with People.