I’m just going to assume that all of you know what the defining aspect of a birthday celebration is, and that’s the cake. If you’re making a birthday cake for your loved one or ones, you need to make sure that it looks the part. It needs to be cute, nicely decorated and it needs to feature something that relates to their interests or something that they love.
The safest way to do this is to get the cake done by a professional, however these 20 people decided to throw caution to the wind and make the cakes themselves. Or perhaps the professional stopped being professional and failed the decoration. Either way, these are some pretty intense birthday cake fails. Take a look at the gallery brought to us by Aunty Acid.
1. Look how tiny Hannah Montana’s head is compared to the rest of her body
2. Bootleg Knuckles the Echidna?
That’s what it looks like to me.
3. Please tell me that you’re going to finish this later…
Even a two-year-old will be able to tell that that’s a half-assed effort.
4. The original is really cute
But the recreation… not really. Just looks like dead bodies in a shallow mud pool.
5. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
R2-D2’s were being mass produced by a Chinese company, and that’s what they looked like.
6. A jolly snowman cupcake was attempted
The recreation is anything but jolly.
7. Snowman face cupcakes
The recreation reminds me of something I’ve seen in my nightmares.
8. That’s a cute Maltese poodle cake
The recreation looks like a rich, artisocratic lady’s cat. Manicure and everything. Or should that be pedicure?
9. Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?
The mirror’s response to this would be “BAH! Go away! Certainly not you!”
10. Buzz Lightyear looking like an overweight middle school student
To infinity and beyond is where I want to go after looking at this.
11. As if Thomas wasn’t creepy enough
I know it’s a highly-loved cartoon series, but I still find Thomas and his friends kinda scary!
12. Congratulations, lady
You just ruined Olaf for the foreseeable generation of kids. Well done.
13. Cookie Monster on meth
Guess cookies are no longer his drug.
14. This is apparently Thor
Thor. THOR! The person who did this was very probably colorblind and was looking somewhere else.
That’s right, Thor! Man, they REALLY messed up!
15. The second one looks like a shaped piece of cheese no one has ever heard of or wants to eat
16. Doesn’t even look like a dragon
Looks more like a lobster covered in cheese and ketchup. Fine dining and fast food combined?
17. Close enough, right?
18. Melting Spongebob
To be honest, this one is not as bad as the other ones. You can see that they tried, but it’s still kinda unacceptable.