Winter is coming and I can’t wait to start wearing gloves and hats and everything that goes with it! If you are a fan of winter coats as well, the season is almost here for you to check out the latest trend. If fall has already spread its chilly breath throughout the streets of your city, why not counter by checking out these fabulous checkered coats? The timeless classic that is the checkered coat seems to be popping up everywhere this season, and it could likely find its way into your closet, too. If you love this vintage, but never out-of-fashion, bold and classic style, the examples below might give you goosebumps.
Figuring how to wear it might be a bit tricky, but assisted by these pics, you will get plenty of good ideas. Here is a gallery full of Royals, celebrities, and fashion bloggers rocking the checkered coat. You could rock one this season, as well!
1. Pair it with an oversized sweater and skinny jeans
And you’ll never go much wrong.
2. Pair it with boyfriend jeans
Also, you can wear a stylish sweater on top of a white shirt, like in the good old days! Glamorous look achieved!
3. Wear it as a dress or on top of a dress, like Kate does
4. Pair it with a mini skirt & chic polka dot tights and you will look adorable
5. Wear it with a midi skirt and killer heels like these
6. Wear it like a cape and don’t forget the over-the-knee boots
7. Pair it with boyfriend jeans and a white top to get a simple, yet stylish look
8. Wear it on top of your favorite sweater and shirt, and pair it with skinny jeans
9. Pair it with denim
10. Wear it with a sweater dress and ankle boots
11. Wear a silver checkered coat combined with this timeless black and white outfit
12. Pair an oversized checkered coat with skinny jeans
Look at these sexy over-the-knee boots!
13. Pair it with rubber boots on a rainy day
14. Wear a black shawl to keep warm
15. Keep it simple by turning it into a coat-dress
16. Wear a winter hat and a black-and-white outfit underneath
The red purse is just adorable!
17. Grey boots and white dress underneath
In addition, here are some common fashion mistakes and ways to fix them.