Mom Rushes Daughter To ER After She Ate A Banana With Red Lines • MetDaan

Mom Rushes Daughter To ER After She Ate A Banana With Red Lines

banana

Everyone knows that fruit and vegetables are highly recommended by experts to be included in our daily diets. And the reason is that they are pretty low in calories, very high in vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and also fiber. When it comes to bananas, they are full of potassium and magnesium. Children who eat bananas regularly have better eyesight and stronger bones. One mother from the UK knows this. One day she went to a local store to buy some bananas but after she cut them open she realized that those bananas were the cause of her daughter, Dionne’s, illness.

Dionne was eating a banana from Morrisons supermarket at her home in the UK which caused her to become very ill. Her mother, Lissa Merlin, decided to cut the banana and she found a red streak in the center of the fruit.

This article first appeared on Provider.

banana

The 8-year-old girl decided to take a banana and eat it. Soon after began to feel ill.

banana

Her mother suspected that it might be related to the banana her daugher ate, so she decided to cut it in half.

banana

What the mother found was a red line, which is a mold caused by a type of fungus called Nigrospora.

banana

It is an airborne filamentous fungus in the phylum Ascomycota but it’s not toxic.

banana

However, the worried mother decided to take her 8-year-old daughter to the hospital just in case. Now the girl has made a full recovery and she is totally fine.

banana

Another parent from Liverpool had bought a banana that also contained the mold. “As I peeled the skin off my favorite fruit, I was slightly concerned about red veins that seemed to be running throughout. It was like nothing I’d ever seen before and very cautiously I decided to back away from the banana.”

banana

The representatives of the market in the UK where Lissa shopped released a statement that read: “We are sorry for Mrs. Merlin’s daughter’s distress. This product did not meet our strict quality standards. However, we would like to assure her that it is a naturally occurring mold which is not harmful to humans.”

banana

Source: providr

To Top