Many people think the cities we live in are just a mess of lights, smells and sounds. But actually, there is something else that makes up our cities that we often forget about. The structure, personality and history. Yes, the bus stops, shop windows and pedestrian streets. We become unaware of these structures so why not stop and admire them? When the city is decorated beautifully, the structure serves as a city’s makeup.
Art comes in all shapes and sizes and these 24 designs prove that when creativity meets urban aesthetics, it creates awesomeness.
1. Fake potholes on a road in Canada, to make drivers slow down
2. Ready to fly
3. A happy bike shop
4. Want some coffee?
5. A fish tank or a phone booth?
6. Art coming through into the city streets
7. Obviously a bus stop
8. A comb for cyclists
9. Hammocks on the streets are very useful
10. Who could resist them?
11. Just a regular day in the office until…
12. A bookshop window
13. Playing Tetris in the streets is always fun
14. A giant clothespin in the park chilling
15. This one is so creative
16. How would you like to sit on the pages of a pretty book?
17. Park you bike and enjoy your coffee
Street Furniture Pit Stop. imagine seeing this in front of a busy coffee shop or juice bar frequented by cyclists. pic.twitter.com/OloTbb1OuL
— sudeh karimi (@SudehKarimi) March 9, 2016