Today, Isabelle from EngineerYourSpace channel is going to teach us how to create an outdoor eating area on your apartment’s small balcony by installing a DIY bench and privacy screen to create more living space.
In this way, you’ll maximize square footage by adding a truly cozy and private outdoor eating area that also gives you more seating on a small balcony. This might seem like a huge project and might make you feel a little lost, especially if you have no idea how to start. But if you’re careful with the instructions and maybe get a craftier friend to help…
You might end up with a favorite place to read a book, with coffee or tea. The most Tumblr-like space for your Instagram story, and a lovely place to invite friends over.
Inspired yet? No? Just look at how it may turn out:
How, cute is that?!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Privacy panels (materials for 2 panels)
- Pine boards – 1″x3″ x 8 ft x 10
- Furring strips – 1″x2″ x 8 ft x 8
- Decking screws 1 1/4″ (green) – 1 Ib box
- Weatherproofing stain (BEHR semi-transparent stain – coffee) 8 oz x 2
- IKEA HALLO outdoor chair pad & Velcro straps
Benches (material for 2 benches)
- Pine board – 1″x4″ x 6 ft x 6
- Pine board – 1″x4″ x 10 ft x 2
- Studs (for legs) – 2″x3″ x 8 ft x 2
- Decking screws 2″ (green) – 1 Ib box
- Weatherproofing stain (BEHR semi-tranparent stain – coffee) 8 oz x 2
If you nail this, imagine the possibilities!