Cold weather brings its loveliness, its pumpkin spice lattes, and sweaters, but unfortunately, sometimes colds and coughs squeeze in too.
Fortunately, though, we have a natural remedy with some of the most powerful ingredients that will soothe the throat and lungs, and the oldest one ever used to cure coughs and bronchitis!
The combination of honey and bananas included in the recipe is suitable for both children and adults, even the flavor is excellent.
- 400 ml boiling water
- 2 medium ripe bananas with dots
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Peel the bananas and puree them with a wooden fork or spoon. The reason why wooden is emphasized is because bananas tend to darken after contact with metal. Then, place the bananas in a pot, add the boiled water to them and let it steep for a half an hour. The honey is added last (and this is very important) so that it doesn’t lose its properties because of the boiling water.
How to use:
- Drink 100ml of this remedy 4 times a day (total of 400ml per day).
- This amount is sufficient for one day and you can prepare a fresh one the following morning.
- First results come in 5 days.
Don’t you just love nature?
* This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances.