You might not be living in a mansion, but it is a myth to believe that some living spaces are beyond improvement. All you need to dramatically improve your living quarters – or any living quarters for that matter – is a DIY idea and a willingness to Do It Yourself.
Granted, you can always pay a professional to both come up with the solutions for your home and implement them, but if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, or you simply want to save a little cash, there is an abundance of DIY solutions out there waiting to be discovered and put into practice.
So roll up your sleeves and get down to work, here are 25 inventive DIY hacks you can choose from to better your home. It really is that easy!
1. Old door knobs = towel rack
2. Hinged painting = thermostat cover
Source: No Biggie
3. Organize your bracelets by using a paper towel holder
Source: BRIT + Co.
4. Make funky shelving by using old drawers
5. Create a polka-dot stencil by using an old laundry basket
Source: The Lil’ House That Could
6. Wine rack = towel holder
7. Shoe organizer = pantry organizer
Source: Organizing Home Life
8. Use a couple of coat hangers to store your ironing board
9. An obsolete CD organizer is perfect for bathroom storage
Source: Itsy Bits and Pieces
10. Use a drink dispenser as a liquid laundry detergent storage item
Source: Your Little Birdie
11. Two curtain rods instead of one: An extra rod adds storage options and looks elegant
12. You find whiteboards boring? Use glass instead
Source: Jill Ruth
13. A small shelf will elevate the things in the back of your deep storage
14. Is your garage really narrow? Some foam noodles will protect your doors
Source: 100 Uses
15. Use an ice cube on the indents in your carpet
Source: Coldwell Banker
16. A tissue box is a great way of keeping grocery bags organized
Source: Family Handyman
17. The best way to remove pet hair from your carpet
18. Can’t unscrew a screw cause it’s stripped? Use a rubber band
19. If your rug won’t stay in place on that hardwood flooring, add some grip by using acrylic-latex caulk
Source: Lighter Side of Real Estate
20. Organize things by using thumbtacks
21. Have a well-lit closet by using Christmas lights
22. Shower hooks will keep your jeans accessible as well as organized and they will look great!
23. Letter organizers are great for storing flip flops and flats
Source: Hearty Home
24. Wash LEGOs easily
Source: Gettin’ By
25. A magnet on the bottom of your hammer will always keep your nails handy