These photographs display a different and interesting insight into things and places that you might have heard of but have probably never seen like this before. Have a look and see how many you can recognise, before reading the caption!
1. Shanhaiguan District, where the Great Wall of China begins right on the shore of the Bohai Sea. It’s known as ’Old Dragon’s Head’.
2. The inside of one of Google’s data centres.
3. A lava lake in the caldera of the Erta Ale volcano, Ethiopia.
4. An x-ray of someone’s spine before and after they had treatment for scoliosis.
5. The most detailed image of Mercury ever taken.
6. Bagger 288, the largest excavator in the world.