Remember way back when you were a teenager and you thought you were the single smartest and most knowledgeable individual in the whole wide world? And you had your own style that you firmly believed was extremely cool, and that it perfectly summarized your whole personality? And you were convinced that it was your defining characteristic and that you would stick to it forever, and you got angry whenever your parents or someone else would say that “it’s just a phase” and that you “would grow out of it”?
Sucks to be wrong doesn’t it?
Here are 28 people who underwent drastic style changes, compiled by Diply, transforming themselves from troubled teenagers into handsome and respectable adults.
1. Having a baby is bound to change every single thing about you
Source: Imgur | tyfo
2. She made several stops on the way to self-discovery, and finally found out who she was
Source: Reddit | pancreative
3. Looking sharp after joining the military
Source: Reddit | BaS3r
4. From emo to dreamo!
Source: Reddit | [deleted]
5. Just a simple change of the hairstyle goes a long way for Pierre Bouvier from the band Simple Plan
Source: The Berry
6. If meeting that special someone doesn’t get you out of the doom and gloom of the emo stage, nothing will
Source: Reddit | Moosemaster21
7. “Then I was studying to become a designer listening to Brand New, Death Cab and Blink. Now I’m a designer listening to Brand New, Death Cab and Blink and having my first kid in a week,” wrote Okkido.
Changing your appearance doesn’t mean changing who you are.
Source: Reddit | Okkido
8. “I’m a special education teacher for high school freshmen. I teach kids like I was how not to do the things I did. So far, so good,” wrote snazzychica2812.
Experience is the best teacher.
Source: Reddit | snazzychica2812
9. Serving in the army transformed this boy into a man. No, not into a lumberjack – that’s just a costume!
10. Singer Adam Lazzara from Taking Back Sunday hasn’t completely given up his artistic style, but he’s made a welcome change
Source: The Berry
11. What a complete transformation! Honestly, I thought it was a girl in the first pic…
12. If you looked at the second picture, you would never in a million years assume that this guy had an emo stage!
Source: Reddit | an0r4k
13. While this guy isn’t the most emo of all the emos on this list, this is quite a change for the better
Source: Reddit | Gudgrim
14. From Cruella De Vil to smoking hot!
Source: The Berry
15. He joined the military and got a dramatic makeover, but he hasn’t given up his taste in music
Source: Reddit | theskett
16. This emo just evolved into a hipster! Somehow he looks like a combination of Chris Hemsworth and Ewan McGregor…
Source: Reddit | Trazan
17. When you decide to start looking more professional, but still are a little emo at heart
18. “Have a little family with my husband of 5 years and a 4-year-old son. Currently finishing up an undergraduate degree in biochemistry and molecular biology and applying to biological engineering and cancer biology PhD programs for graduate school,” wrote lethalallele.
Wow, doing great and looking great and those tattoos of molecules are super cool!
Source: Reddit | lethalallele
19. Some people will never wish to adopt the clean cut look, and instead will transform into hipsters. JT Woodruff, the guitarist from Hawthorne Heights, is one of them.
20. There’s no way that’s the same person!
Source: Reddit | LemonMints
21. Changed the hair, but she still rocks those piercings!
Source: Reddit | PotatoKT
22. That is Quin Allman from The Used! You didn’t recognize him on the second picture, did you? Not without his signature blonde ‘do!
23. One of the rarer cases when an emo is actually smiling in a photo
Source: Reddit | yumyumhelen
24. And here we have another musician: Tyson Ritter from The All-American Rejects.
Whoa, those eyes… just stunning…
25. And just one more musician! Hayley Williams from the Paramore went from emo to a sophisticated lady. Red hair really suits her!
Source: Distractify | Twitter | @matome
26. These photos were taken ten years apart. How much can change in such a short time…
Source: Imgur | Dex2787
27. “I was super scene/emo as a teenager but I guess being so into customizing my MySpace profile got me into coding, now a full time web developer and mom to a 4-year-old.”
And they say social media is a waste of time…