Clickbait is one of the biggest problems of the internet in the current times. For those of you that don’t know, clickbait is the dark art of purposely giving content an attention-grabbing name to trick people into thinking it’s interesting and worth a click, and those are often disappointed when they find the actual answer behind the all caps and YOU WON’T BELIEVE THIS title was something totally normal.
A Facebook page named “Stop Clickbait” is going against the trend by sharing clickbait articles from various websites and giving the real answers behind them within the caption of the post. Here are some of the most notable examples caught and revealed by this movement, as compiled by Bored Panda.
More info: Stop Click Bait | Facebook
1. It’s just a rock
3. It’s as simple as that
4. No s@%t
5. Wow, I never would have guessed
6. It’s so obvious that it’s Hugh Jackman
8. I never would have thought
9. I don’t think we need an article to know the answer to this question
10. No way!
I wonder if it’s still usable
11. This is actually a pretty good fact
Still, not good enough to clickbait.
12. It’s all science!
13. Great job
14. The answer is no
15. As if we really needed to guess that
16. You ain’t serious!
18. It really is as simple as that
20. 6 clicks worth saving
Are you against clickbait? Do you think it should be stopped? Share your thoughts in the comments!