Who’s that girl? I said who’s that girl? It’s ZOOEY DESCHANEL!!
1. Zooey and Jack Johnson had to have very little human contact as possible because their chemistry was way too strong.
2. She literally had to sew her clothes in high school because she wasn’t allowed to go to the mall until she was 17.
She needed constantly new clothes as she was a giant theater nerd.
Source:Thanks For Asking Blog
3. She sang all of her songs in Elf and other movie soundtracks.
Her real voice is on the soundtracks of Once Upon a Mattress, Yes Man, 500 Days of Summer, Winnie the Pooh, Your Highness, Sweetheart and The Go-Getter. Wow!!
Source: Screenpicks Pyxurz
4. She got pissed and called out The New York Times
After it said that Zooey was a recognizable type because of “her deadpan, sardonic and scene-stealing performances”.
5. She is way more talented that you think. She can play the piano, guitar and the baritone ukulele like a total boss.
She showed a bit of that during her duet with 500 Days Of Summer co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
6. Zooey doesn’t drink, smoke OR do drugs.
Even if her character loves to get trashed and messy.
7. In May 2011, Zooey launched HelloGiggles, an entertainment website that targets female audiences, alongside producer Sophia Rossi and writer Molly McAleer.
The site describes itself as “a positive online community for women (although men are always welcome!) covering the latest in culture, female empowerment, style, relationships, friendship, careers, and issues that matter most to young women’s lives.”
Source:The Daily Beast
8. Amanda Bynes also did an audition for the role of Jess. Zooey beat her.
We all can agree that she was BORN for this role.
9. Zooey suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and takes medicine to reduce the symptoms.
The symptoms include difficulty keeping focus including maintaining eye contact, being disorganized, fidgeting, being impulsive and being socially intrusive.
10. In a Californian prep school, she became tight with future superstars Jake Gyllenhaal and Kate Hudson!
11. Her older sister, Emily Deschanel, plays the lead character in the FOX drama series, Bones.
The acting runs in the family. Her father was a cinematographer and her mother an actress too.