Every now and again, we come across a photo on the internet that looks so real and so belieavable, that we almost fall for it. And then we feel… empty after we find out that it’s been edited or it’s not real. Here are 14 fake images that you’ll wish were real as soon as you look at them.
1. Jeff W. does this an awful lot
2. Einstein playing the smooth blues
Actually, it’s just Einstein’s face photoshopped on T-Model Ford’s body.
3. South Carolina’s William Bryce Stadium flooded
4. A campaign by a failed mayor candidate in Paris
The plan was to transform abandoned subways and tunnels into swimming pools.
5. Earth, Venus and Jupiter from the surface of Mars
This wasn’t captured by the Rover, it’s just a render.
6. Rock formation in China with an ancient carving in the center
It’s just a Twitter art project.
7. A total eclipse of the sun captured from the ISS
It is just another render, however.
8. This photo circulated as “Time Magazine’s definition of a perfect body 1955”.
The photo is of Aria Giovanni, born in 1977.
9. Organic and genetically modified eggs
This was just the work of a satirical group named Big Organic.
10. Pilot taking a selfie from his plane
The “Perspective” text is the dead giveaway.
11. What LA might look like if ALL the lights went out
Created by photographer Thierry Cohen.
12. Steven Seagal pulling bunny ears on Putin
He’s not that silly, obviously. He would be in trouble if he did.