The standard operating procedures at fast food joints leave numerous loopholes that a knowing customer can use to get better and cheaper versions of their favorite items, as well as save money. If you don’t mind a little junk food now and then, check out these thirty-two secrets that you can always fall back on in most large American fast food chains.
1. Ask for your Starbucks drink in an upgraded cup to prevent it from spilling
2. By customizing your Burger King burger, you’ll get a fresh-from-the-grill patty instead of a potentially stale one
3. The best bun on the McDonald’s menu is the steamed, soft and fluffy Filet-O-Fish bun. Ask to swap out regulars for this delicious one instead
4. Usually, one half of a Subway sub is drenched in sauce, while the other half is left dry. You can avoid this imbalance by carrying your sub as shown
5. At Starbucks, ask for a Venti cup filled with water if you want to save on bottled water as this is free
6. Buying McDonald’s chicken nuggets in quantities of four is actually cheaper than buying them in bulk, plus you’ll get more dipping sauces
7. You can flip back one side of your fries carton to strategically place your ketchup
8. Ask for any of your Taco Bell favorites to be grilled a second time to make them crunchier
Source: Instagram | @tacobell
9. Ask for equal portions of chicken and steak on your Chipotle burrito to get more meat for the exact same price
10. Many smoothie-lovers are unaware that Jamba Juice employees are required to abide by substitution requests. The options are basically endless.
11. Most fast food joints have unofficial items. Simply research what secret menu goodies your favorite restaurants have to offer, and order away!