The 2000s might feel like a lifetime away, but that is only because a lot has happened since. In fact, so much has taken place in the world of glitz and glamour that we have forgotten many things that we used to take for granted. Such as these eighteen couples, for example, who many believed would live happily ever after. It wasn’t to be, though – they have all moved on and found love elsewhere, with some remaining good friends to this day. Do you remember them dating?
1. Matthew McConaughey and Janet Jackson dated back in 2002 after meeting during an awards show
Source: The Chocolate Chick
2. Ashley Olsen and Lance Armstrong dated back in 2007, despite being born 15 years apart
3. Hilary Duff and Joel Madden dated between 2004 and 2006
At the time, Duff was 16 and Madden was 25.
4. Tom Cruise and Sofia Vergara were an item for a short while back in 2005
Source: blogspot | humorfeast
5. Taylor Swift and John Mayer were involved between 2009 and 2010, with John inspiring Taylor’s ballad “Dear John”
6. Drew Barrymore and Tom Green were married from July to December 2001
Source: tumblr | oldloves
7. Wilmer Valderrama and Lindsay Lohan dated back in 2004, with Lohan even appearing on That ’70s Show
Source: International Business Times
8. Ryan Gosling and Sandra Bullock dated from 2002 till 2003 – Ryan was 21, Sandra was 37
9. Evan Rachel Wood and Marilyn Manson started dating in 2007
They got engaged but separated in 2010.