A 14-Year-Old Girl Died By Touching Her Plugged In Phone While Taking A Bath • MetDaan

A 14-Year-Old Girl Died By Touching Her Plugged In Phone While Taking A Bath

01

I think that everyone knows that electric devices should not be used anywhere near water, due to the somewhat harming attributes that they instantly receive in an environment like that.

But Madison Coe from Lovington, New Mexico I’m going to assume wasn’t aware and accidentally brought her life to a premature end after using her mobile phone in the bath… while it was plugged in.

“When you use and (sic) extension cord so you can plug in your phone while you’re in the bath,” the 14-year-old’s final text said.

It was originally thought that the teen had dropped her phone in the water, but police believe that she died after getting a shock from touching the frayed extension cord that she used to charge the phone.

Others believe that she got shocked after grabbing her phone while it was still being charged.

“The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom,” step mom Felisha Owens told KRQE.

A 14-Year-Old Girl Died By Touching Her Plugged In Phone While Taking A Bath1

Madison’s grandmother reported that she saw burn marks on her granddaughter’s hands which she assumed were from the device.

“I call her my shining star. She was very smart. Very good student in school. She just loved life,” she told Independent.

“She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her.”

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else.” she also said.

A 14-Year-Old Girl Died By Touching Her Plugged In Phone While Taking A Bath 2

“And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.

We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix.”

District officials also released a statement saying, “It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe.

“We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together.”

So remember, next time your phone is plugged in near the shower, don’t touch it, or you’ll suffer the same fate.

Source:independent

To Top