Don’t you just love the internet? Because the internet is the place that guards all kinds of awesomeness, and what we have here is some serious awesomeness. Dig into these amazing photos that you may have missed in your quest for history treasures online and tell us how many feels you got.
1. A female motorcyclist in the 60s
2. This boy watching TV for the first time in 1948
3. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball
His wife is perfecting her shooting skills.
4. A graduation ceremony in 1895
Check out those dresses!
5. King George VI having some fun in 1938
6. Fawzia Faud, Queen of Egypt and Iran in 1939
7. Geishas in the 1920s
8. Ice hockey players and referees searching for a spectator’s contact lens, 1962
9. The opening ceremony of the Moscow Olympics in 1980
10. Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren on the set of Rocky 4
11. Pablo Picasso and Francois Gilot in 1948
12. Kurt Cobain talking on his cellphone in the 80s
13. Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn on the set of Sabrina in 1954
14. Early surfers with their boards in 1922
They were literally boards back then.
15. Claude Monet in Venice in 1908
16. Marilyn Monroe
No words needed here.
17. Lewis Carrol in 1856
18. Portrait of Frida Kahlo taken by Florence Arquin, 1941
19. Pink Floyd while touring Japan, 1972
20. A man begging his wife to forgive him to avoid divorce in the 1940s
21. Demi Moore in the 1980s
22. Boys lining up for Cod Liver Oil in the 60s
23. Ernest Hemingway kicking a can in 1959
Because all of you deserve to see a photo like this.