We can work so much for flawless skin, but what to do, when we live with pollution, ageing and hormonal changes? These things lead to darkening of the face and skin, and it can happen on the entire face, or just in patches.
Medical treatment is not always possible, or effective.
However, there are some home remedies to get rid of these dark patches:
1. Vitamin-E Oil:
Vitamin E is known to be extremely beneficial for the skin, so when you massage your skin with it, it helps with blood circulation, thus resulting in healthier and cleaner looking skin. It’s easily found in chemist stores where there are beauty and cosmetic products. Just check the ingredient list.
2. Lemon Juice:
A natural bleaching agent, it lightens the skin and has no side effects. You can use this method:
* Squeeze half a lemon in a glass bowl (not a metal bowl, as lemon juice tends to react with metals).
* Dip a cotton ball into this juice, and apply the juice on the affected parts of the skin.
* Let this stay on for some time
* Now wash off with cold water
* Using this regularly will help lighten the skin and gradually remove the uneven dark patches on your skin
3. Aloe Vera Gel:
Reduces dark skin patches and the their intensity even when only used overnight. It may not always be possible to get an aloe vera plant, but you can always get pure aloe vera gel from the pharmacy.
The lactic acid content in milk is known to lighten skin pigmentation. If you apply milk and leave it overnight, you’ll see a reduction in the darkening and spots. Don’t expect immediate results, it will happen over time. Don’t use boiled milk, always raw.