If you have children, or at least know someone who does, so basically, if you’re a human being, you know that kids are… a lot of work. A lot of amazing, cute, droolly, lovely, hyperactive, tiring, yet rewarding work.
And so does Yllya from France. She’s a freelance illustrator and comic artist, but the world got acquainted with her talents just because she’s a mom of a three-year-old girl.
According to BoredPanda, this is how it all began:
“Last year, and somewhat by chance, I started a webcomic on Instagram about my family life. We were coming back home after daycare and we got stuck in the elevator of our building. I was panicked cause I’m a bit claustrophobic, but my daughter seems to think it was some kind of game, and my husband stayed stoic like he usually does. Later, when we finally could get out, I thought that it was a funny story and that I could turn it into a comic. I drew it, and posted it on Instagram and people seems to like it. A few weeks later, I draw another one after a conversation with my husband about our daughter’s hair. And people liked it too. So started a webcomic.”
And that’s lucky for us, because these are hilarious.
1. Sometimes, being a mom of one and being married means you’re actually a mom of two.
2. Stockholm syndrom, yes, indeed.
3. We didn’t raise you like this, child.
4. Oh, so THAT’S what’s happening!
5. Um, no thanks.
6. You learn the hard way.
7. Big girls be like…
8. Those amazing baby locks.
9. Well, she did move.
10. Pigeons are not cartoon characters, they’re actually rats with wings.
11. I kinda feel bad for the cat… but I know it feels more relaxed now.
12. Justice for Sorbet!
13. Great expectations.
14. Oh, honey…
15. We’re not scared baby, we just don’t want you to be scared.
16. This is why our neighbors keep avoiding us.
17. I wonder what that room looks like.
18. Promises, promises…
19. Of course not.
20. Works every time.
21. Family horrors.
22. The ever-rewarding joys of parenting, right? RIGHT?
23. A mom’s brain is full of many things… But not actor names and faces.
24. That’s not a grasshopper.
And don’t think that Ilya is the only one. We just wrote about another artist that deals with parenting the comic way.