Ever come across a photo that’s so incredibly powerful that you just sit there with your eyes wide open? And then 5 minutes of pure silence later you just say “Damn.”. Truth be told, those photos have been around since forever, and these 22, brought to us by Univverse are the most powerful ones ever taken. Get ready for a lot of “Damn.” saying.
1. The power of love and peace over weapons and violence
2. ‘Wait for me, daddy’
This is a photo of Claude P. Dettloff, taken in New Westminster, Canada, Oct. 1, 1940.
3. A five-year-old gypsy boy smoking in France
4. This couple embracing each other in death
Amidst the ruins of a collapsed factory.
5. This mother served in Iraq for seven months
In this photo, she has been reunited with her daughter.
6. Christians protecting Muslims
In the uprising of Cairo in 2011.
7. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in 1944
8. A wall inside of an Auschwitz gas chamber
9. Father and son
These photos are 50 years apart.
10. The hand of a starving kid versus the hand of a missionary
11. This advertisement that shows a child who has gone missing since 1969
I wonder if they found her alive.
12. Russian soldiers moments before the battle of Kursk 1943
13. Handshake on the graves of a protestant husband and a catholic wife in Holland, 1888
14. Old Russian WWII tank veteran leaning where he spent most of his time during the war
15. The aftermath of cyclone Nargis in southern Myanmar in 2008
This is one of the millions left homeless.
16. A sunset on Mars
It’s very blue.
17. A son pulling his alcoholic father
Attempting to get him up.
18. A firefighter giving a koala water
This was after a bushfire in the Australian state of Victoria, c. 2009.
19. This man is overwhelmed with grief
Because he just found out that his brother had been murdered.
20. A boy from Brazil named Diego Frazao Torquato
He is crying because he’s playing the violin at his favorite teacher’s funeral, the teacher that taught him about the power of music.
21. A heart surgeon after a successful heart transplant
The surgery itself lasted nearly a full day; 23 hours.
22. A young Syrian girl during the Syrian Refugee Crisis
How many times did you say “Damn.” while scrolling through this gallery? Did any emotions pop up? Let us know in the comments!